Tuesday, October 16, 2012

God's Blessings, Provision and Healing Continue


I received this beautiful card in the mail from one of my YMCA swim lesson families.  I have taken a short leave of absence from teaching lessons until I recover from surgery, and I miss those children!  Two of the families are Christians and have faithfully prayed for me through the entire ordeal of my recent surgery and hospital stay.



The inside of the card reads:


The One who made us
knows how to mend us.
He is the Great Physician--
the only One who can heal
body, soul and spirit.
His appointment calendar
is never too full...
His schedule is never too busy...
His diagnosis is accurate...
His treatment is gentle...
His results are wonderful!
You couldn't be
in better hands!
Get Well Soon

The healing that this card's verse talks about has happened in my life for the past 15 months...I went from deep despair, depression, anger and unforgiveness toward Dave.  God has taken my hardened heart and has helped me forgive Dave.  I am now filled with forgiveness.  I still get mad at him at times, but guess what?  Jesus got ticked off too when it was righteous to do so!  But I am blessed beyond measure with improved mental health, healing from the recent surgery and hospital stay, financial prosperity and am surrounded by more love and friends than my heart can hold.

The card also included this gift:



And as we all know...God is seldom early but never late.  Before this gift card arrived I was getting a little concerned about finances.  I lost two weeks pay while I was in the hospital because I didn't qualify for Family Medical Leave since I hadn't been with the company 90 days yet.  Stephen and I both had prescriptions that needed to be filled.  He needed some clothes and some food to take back to IU.  Doctor bills have started to come.

And then yesterday God provided me with $500 cash given to me anonymously through my church, The Pointe Church (www.thepointechurch.net).



God just keeps providing, providing, providing.  I shouldn't be surprised.  I am overwhelmed by this person's generosity.  I am blown away that the God of this universe still takes time to make sure my children and I are provided for.

Fortunately, I am still on Dave's insurance, and we just met our deductible from all of my medical bills.  Dave agreed to wait to finalize the divorce until 12/31/12 at my request.  I have several doctor's appointments and follow up check ups, and since we have met our deductible all future appointments and prescriptions are at no charge.  I am praising God for that as recent bills for x-rays were only $49 and for CT were only $25 prior to meeting the deductible..

We also had Amy in the ER for an appendix scare last week.  The school nurse called and told me she was doubled over in pain, nauseated and very pale.  We got her to the ER right away, and I demanded complete bloodwork and a CT.  I wasn't about to take her home only to bring her right back as happened to me.  The CT tech thought her appendix looked bad, and her white blood cell count was up.  I was still not in the best of shape, and I accepted the news very tiredly.  Fortunately, a pediatric surgeon stepped in and thought she just had a virus.  I got his pager number just in case and took her home.  I made her stay home from band practice and made sure she rested.  The next day, she got up, went to school and went to band practice without a problem.  Many, many people were praying for her, and who is to say that God is not a great Healer?


One of my friends from church is a financial counselor at Lutheran Hospital, and she is guiding me through the process of paying the hospital bills.  Right now I owe $3800, but she counseled me to wait until all of the insurance had been applied to the bill.  She is convinced it will be much less.

I owe the asthma doctor about $470, and the office has graciously agreed to a payment plan of about $150 a month for the next 3 months.  I paid the bill this month, and I am sure God will provide the rest.

My workplace has been extremely supportive.  My boss stayed in touch with me throughout my hospital stay and repeatedly told me, "Do not worry about your job!"  When I returned to work, he told me, "When you get tired, go home.  Do not over do it.  You know how to work from home, and if that's what you need to do to get your job done do it."

My friend, Kerry, is hosting a birthday party for me at her house on October 28 to celebrate my recovery from surgery and my 15th year of being CANCER-FREE!  Anyone who reads this blog is invited.  I have sent many of you an invitation via email or facebook.


  
I have so many reasons to celebrate!  Am I not blessed beyond measure?

So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”



No comments:

Post a Comment