Wednesday, April 10, 2013


My beautiful girl, Amy, will be 17 years old tomorrow! I had cancer when she was just 9 months old, and I truly wondered if I would live to see this day. Praise God that I am here to celebrate her wonderful life!

She has become an incredible young woman, and I have been so blessed to be her mother.  

I am so happy to share that she is healing emotionally and is doing very well on her anti-depressants.  I am grateful for a wonderful family doctor and her counselor for their help in this journey to restore her health.


Her winter color guard team just placed third at the state competition!  She was the proud recipient of a bronze medal, and I was blessed to be a chaperon for the group at competitions, helping with hair and makeup.  




I know that there are a lot of parents out there who say they can't be involved in their kids' activities because of work, other obligations, etc.  My feeling is that the housecleaning can wait and grocery shopping can be squeezed in at creative hours.  

This is a fleeting moment in time in my children's lives.  I refuse to miss out on the weekend competitions and contests.  I can sit home on Saturdays the rest of my life when they are grown and gone.  Now is the time to spend with my children!

“Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born of one’s youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.” Psalm 127:4-5a




No comments:

Post a Comment