Monday, February 10, 2014

I have been helping Amy complete numerous scholarship applications, and she has happily been accepted to Purdue University to study veterinary science in the fall.

As she and I look over previous tax returns, medical expenses, etc., it absolutely defies imagination as to how we survived financially.  In 2011, the first year on my own, I made a mere $17,000 plus $15,000 child support.  In 2012, I made $21,000 plus child support AND had $3400 worth of medical expenses.

It simply does not add up....but God's economy is far different than man's.  I am living proof of His incredible provision.  You simply can't out give God.

The first two years on my own we qualified for free books and reduced lunch. This past year, even with a full-time job, I somehow managed to qualify for completely free lunch as well as books.  I have no idea how that happened...God at work again...it is the only explanation I can find.

I continue to be blessed with unexpected high tax returns and a recent anonymous donation to Amy for her spring break mission trip.  Because we qualified for the free lunch program, Amy's college application fees, several scholarship application fees, SAT/ACT and AP exam fees have all been waived. Heather also recently was awarded a scholarship for free private music lessons through the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.

And I STILL have no debt except a small car payment.



This summer Dave walked in my front door and simply handed me a check for $615 so I could take the kids to Cedar Campus.  The staff of the camp also generously gave me a $415 scholarship for my expenses, and while we were there someone donated $100 for our expenses at the camp store.

When I bought my car this summer, I was able to talk the dealership down to a $500 down payment and a $2000 lower price.  Dave also gives me $600 every Christmas to make the holidays special for the kids, and we still celebrate Christmas together as a family.

Heather's insulin pump and supplies arrived in December and is up an running...so relieved that we have met our deductible...the pump alone is $10,000...and I paid a mere $23 for it all!

Heather also recently qualified for the 21st Century Scholar program, which gives her free tuition to any eligible Indiana college as long as we continue to qualify financially and she keeps her grades up.

The bottom line is this....Are you afraid to budget and tithe?  Don't be.  God ALWAYS provides!


"I will sing to the Lord because He has treated me generously." 
Psalms 13:6 


"I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms.
I’m celebrating your rescue.
I’m singing at the top of my lungs,
I’m so full of answered prayers."
Psalm 13:5-6 (The Message)


"I will sing to you, O Lord,
because you have been good to me."
Psalm 13:6 Good News Translation (GNT)




No comments:

Post a Comment