Saturday, July 27, 2019

Good Times

Life since January has been a whirlwind with Amy's wedding shower and getting ready for Amy and Jonathan's June 30 wedding.  After a spring and early summer of torrential rain, their special day dawned sunny and beautiful.💗

Stephen and Jenna flew in from Salt Lake City, and they were a huge help with all of the last minute details.  Heather proudly served as Amy's maid-of-honor.  Amy is now working at Turkey Run State Park as a naturalist, while Jonathan finishes his schooling at Purdue.






 The weekend following the wedding I headed up to Michigan's UP for a brief time at Cedar Campus.  It was a bittersweet weekend as I did not have enough vacation time after the wedding to spend the whole week at camp.  It is an especially trying time for the camp and its staff as InterVarsity has decided to release the camp back to the Henry Taylor Foundation.  Three different groups, including Friends of Cedar Campus, are preparing proposals to take over the management of the camp.  

A decision will be made by September with the summer of 2020 being the last year the camp will be under InterVarsity.   It is a difficult time for those of us who know and love this sacred place.  Please pray that it is protected as spiritual retreat for years to come.


Photo of Neighborhood Health Clinics - Fort Wayne, IN, United States. 1717 S. Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne, IN
I continue to grow in my job and enjoy my work at Neigborhood Health.  I manage a department of 2-3 people, coordinating the center's efforts of providing insurance through state and federal insurance options for those who qualify.  It is a difficult process to for people of all backgrounds to get, keep, and use these government-funded programs, so case management is a large part of our work.

I work out at our local Planet Fitness to balance life's stresses and joys.  During the school year I also participate in a weekly Bible study, and I just recently returned to the YMCA to teach swim lessons just for fun.  I teach at a location near the health center, as I wanted to give back to the community I work in.🏊  I am also planning to visit Stephen and Jenna in Salt Lake City sometime this year, and I am planning other trips in the future.

I recently dated someone I had dated previously, but it didn't work out.  I even tried online dating, and that was a disaster...the first guy pledged his undying love right away...LOL...the second guy refused to confirm his identity through video chat, and the third and fourth guys were using fake profile pics.  

man reaching hand to help woman climbI am perfectly content on my own, thanks to Jesus, but I do get lonely.  I have plenty of friends to hang out with, but I do miss male companionship.  Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to meet a  man in his 50s or older who is a Christian and has his act together.  So I try to be content a single woman in a world full of couples.  No wrong match is worth the spiritual contentment that I have, and I refuse to sacrifice it for the wrong person.  So please pray for wisdom and contentment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment