Monday, January 20, 2020

Family News

The past six months have gone by so quickly!  After their June wedding, Jonathan and Amy went to Smoky Mountains National Park for their honeymoon.

They are settled in Lafayette, Indiana, where Amy continues to work at Turkey Run State Park as an interpretive naturalist.  Jonathan is completing school and just got a job as an IU Health lab assistant.


Heather was Amy's maid of honor 💕
Heather and her boyfriend Mat were able to squeeze in a short camping trip at Chain O Lakes State Park before heading back to Purdue for the summer.  They both had research projects, and she took two classes so she can get her double major covered.  She and Amy also work at Grey House Coffee on campus, where Amy is a manager.  They have even coordinated schedules to be on the same shift one morning so they can spend time together. 🥰🥰🥰


Hiking at Antelope Island State Park

Stephen and Jenna continue to enjoy life in Salt Lake City, where she is a 5th grade teacher, and he is a school psychologist.  They absolutely love spending every minute possible hiking in the beautiful mountains around Utah, and they had the amazing opportunity to visit with some friends in Jordan this summer.  They had plans to travel with Jenna's family over Christmas, so I flew out to visit them over Thanksgiving.  A big snowstorm hit just as I was flying out, but we still managed to go on several hikes.

(Disclamer: this is NOT their license plate...just one from a random person's car 🤣!)



I continue to assist with Global Christian Fellowship at our local universities.  Last fall I took some students to see Chicago tourist sites and to enjoy the roller coasters at Six Flags (and yes, I road every roller coaster with them!)  We also hosted a Thanksgiving Without Borders event with traditional and international food, and we are planning several more outreach events this coming semester.

Our family holidays kicked off early with my nephew's November 9 wedding.  All of the Craker cousins were able to attend...coming from all over the U.S.  Dave, Brian, Amy, Jonathan, Heather and I had a family Christmas gathering together, and Stephen and Jenna were able to participate via video chat.  I participated in multiple family gatherings, and I hosted our YMCA aquatics staff Christmas party at my apartment.

I am praising God that the kids and I are happy and healthy.  I did have a rough case of bronchitis over the holidays, which landed me in the ER (first visit in over 3 years...that's a record!)  I had been seeing and following up with my doctor, but something just didn't feel right AND my stomach started to hurt.  So on top of the bronchitis, I wanted to make sure I didn't have a colon obstruction or an issue with my ostomy.  All turned out well, fortunately.

My prayers for all of us in the coming year is that good health continues, that God guides Jonathan,
Heather, and Mat in school, that God gives Amy direction for her next step when her time at Turkey Run ends, and that God sustains me in all that He calls me to do for Him.  My greatest prayer is that my children continue to understand and grasp how much God loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment