Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Need Prayer

I need prayers...I am starting to get sick.  It all started Saturday night with a sore throat and then coughing.  Today more coughing, and now I have lost my voice.  I am preparing to race in the Fort-4-Fitness 1/2 marathon (www.fort4fitness.org) on September 29, and this is really going to put a kink in my training.

Not only that, I am starting to become very overwhelmed at work.  I am still learning, and my boss says I am doing a good job....but I feel like it takes me forever to handle some of the various processes that I am supposed to be taking over.  My boss, a wonderful Christian, often reminds me, "You must crawl, before you run."

I have a huge presentation to prepare for that is due in about three weeks, and I haven't had much time to work on it.  It requires writing, long-term planning and a lot of thinking....something that I don't often have time for while sitting in the hot-seat of the purchasing desk.  Just today I met with four suppliers and had to handle several hot issues that came up.  I feel like I often don't have time for the "big picture" thinking that this presentation requires.

I am also struggling with juggling a career with being a single mom and being the spiritual leader of our home.  It is so hard to find balance and to take care of myself.  Please pray for me as I walk this tough walk.  My boss, who is also a pastor, reminded me that God is my husband; God is a father to my children; and I am not in this alone.  Pray that I remember that!

On the plus side, Heather was baptized on Sunday by our junior high pastor.  It was awesome to see her take this step of faith.   I love the trusting look that was on her face as Todd baptized her.


Please pray for her as she continues in her journey to follow Christ!  She is such an encouragement to me.  I don't know what I would do without her.

Dave and I are meeting with his counselor on October 6 to discuss his telling the kids that he is gay.  I am going to the meeting not to support Dave, but to learn what he is thinking and what he is expecting from his revealing his story.  

Please continue to bring this issue before God in prayer.  I will need all the help I can get as these events transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment