Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Amy Update

Dave and I had a surprisingly good discussion with Amy tonight.  She realizes that she needs to go to counseling and is willing to go.  She confessed that she was sad before Dave and I split up, and the divorce just made things worse.  I reminded her that clinical depression runs in my family, and that it is not a weakness to accept help or take medicine if needed.

I was fairly open with her a few weeks ago about how depressed I was last winter.  That really paved the way for some good discussion this evening.  I was again reminded that God uses our own suffering to help others...never did I think He would use my struggles with clinical depression to help her.  

He is an amazing God!  Thank you all for your emails, phone calls, texts and prayers.  I have the best friends in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment